kahlil gibran death

kahlil gibran


On 10 April 1931 at 11:00 PM, Kahlil Gibran died. His body had indeed been long undermined by liver cirrhosis and tuberculosis, but for this he refused to be hospitalized. On that last morning, he was taken to St. Petersburg. Vincent's Hospital in Greenwich Village.

Marianna next day sent a telegram to Mary in Savannah to proclaim the death of this poet. Although caring for her husband who was also suffering from pain, Mary still found time to mourn Gibran.

Gibran's body then was buried on August 21, Mar Sarkis, a Carmelite monastery where Gibran once did worship.

kahlil gibran


After the death of Gibran, Barbara Young is one who knows the ins and outs of the studio, the legacy and heritage of land owned by Gibran.

The words written next to Gibran's grave are "a word I want to see written on my grave: I am alive like you, and I am standing beside you. Close your eyes and look around, Will you see me in front of you .. .. "

No comments: