kahlil gibran quotes : G - L

kahlil gibran




Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.
Khalil Gibran

Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do.
Khalil Gibran

Hallow the body as a temple to comeliness and sanctify the heart as a sacrifice to love; love recompenses the adorers.
Khalil Gibran

I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end.
Khalil Gibran

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.
Khalil Gibran

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
Khalil Gibran

I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.
Khalil Gibran

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Khalil Gibran

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
Khalil Gibran

If the grandfather of the grandfather of Jesus had known what was hidden within him, he would have stood humble and awe-struck before his soul.
Khalil Gibran


If the other person injures you, you may forget the injury; but if you injure him you will always remember.
Khalil Gibran

If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work.
Khalil Gibran

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.
Khalil Gibran

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
Khalil Gibran

If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?
Khalil Gibran

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
Khalil Gibran

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.
Khalil Gibran

Knowledge cultivates your seeds and does not sow in your seeds.
Khalil Gibran

Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.
Khalil Gibran

Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
Khalil Gibran

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.
Khalil Gibran

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
Khalil Gibran

Love and doubt have never been on speaking terms.
Khalil Gibran

Love is trembling happiness.
Khalil Gibran

Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Khalil Gibran

Love possesses not nor will it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love.
Khalil Gibran

Love... it surrounds every being and extends slowly to embrace all that shall be.
Khalil Gibran

No comments: